top of page


Steaks Bones & Dogs Don't Mix


Chinito's owner reached out for help one night desparately in need. Her little dog, Chinito, had been given a steak bone by a relative who didn't know how dangerous it could be.

Sadly parts of the bone were lodged in Chinito's stomach causing vomiting and distress. The family took him to the Animal ER of University Park and then to Suncoast ER. Thankfully, based on the exams he received, it was determined that the bones would eventually pass.

This could have had a dreadful ending or it could have ended up with a very, very expensive surgery. Thankfully, that was not the case. However, two ER visits were something the family could not afford. Lost Pet Services was able to help them.

Funding was made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Community Foundation of Sarasota County through their Animal Welfare Grant Program with funding made possible by the Martha Leiter and Nancy Streetman Fund I and Robert Parker Fund.

bottom of page